The Provincial Government is an executive authority of the Province. The work of the Provincial Government is governed by the Assembly of AP Vojvodina. The Provincial Government accounts for its work to the Assembly of AP Vojvodina.
The Provincial Assembly Decision on the Provincial Government regulates the composition, term of office, competences and other issues relevant to the work of the Provincial Government. The Provincial Government method of work is regulated in the Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Government.
The Provincial Government is composed of the President, one or several vice-presidents and members of the Provincial Government.
The President of the Provincial Government manages and harmonises the work of the Provincial Government in conformity with the Assembly guidelines, represents the Provincial Government, signs the acts passed by the Provincial Government, sees to the enforcement of the Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Government and carries out other tasks stipulated in the Statute, Provincial Assembly decision and Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Government.
Members of the Provincial Government account for their work and state of affairs within their scope of work to the Assembly, Provincial Government and President of the Provincial Government.
In addition to the Serbian language and Cyrillic script, in the official use in the work of AP Vojvodina authorities are Hungarian, Slovak, Croatian, Romanian and Ruthenian languages and their respective scripts, in conformity with the law.
Competences of the Provincial Government are as follows:
- to execute the Provincial Assembly decisions and other general acts of the Assembly;
- to execute the laws if authorised to do so;
- to pass provincial decrees, decisions and other general acts for the purpose of executing the laws and Provincial Assembly decisions, if authorised to do so under the law or Provincial Assembly decision;
- to establish expert and other services in charge of tasks within their scope of work, in conformity with the law, Statue and Provincial Assembly decision;
- to propose the budget and annual statement of accounts to the Assembly;
- to propose the programme, development and planning documents to the Assembly and undertake measures for their implementation;
- to propose Provincial Assembly decisions and other general acts to the Assembly;
- to appoint and discharge the provincial office holders who are not elected and discharged by the Assembly;
- to govern, harmonise and supervise the work of provincial administrative authorities;
- to supervise the work of companies and institutions founded by the AP Vojvodina, which exercise public powers and carry out other tasks in matters of relevance to the province;
- to manage and dispose of the public property of AP Vojvodina, in conformity with the law and regularly report thereon to the Assembly;
- to render its opinion of the proposed Provincial Assembly decisions or other general act submitted to the Assembly by another proposer, upon request of the Assembly, competent working body or Assembly President;
- in case the Assembly is unable to convene, to pass general acts and undertake measures within the Assembly’s scope of competences, in the event of natural disasters and other emergency situations, for the purpose of their elimination, in conformity with the law;
- to propose to the Assembly the signing of agreements with corresponding territorial communities of other countries;
- to submit to the Assembly the regular annual report on its work, as well as extraordinary reports on its work, if requested so by the Assembly;
- to pass the Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Government;
- to carry out other tasks stipulated by the law, Statute of Provincial Assembly Decision.